Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Went to the temple



So last week I had the opportunity to take out my own endowments in the Washington DC temple.  It was a fantastic experience.  I am so grateful to be a member of this church. As I entered into the temple the spirit I felt was so sweet and so over whelming. Some things that happened that I hopefully never forget. First as we were waiting at the doors of the distribution center to open we saw like six caterpillars crawling around in the carpet and they were all following Dad and and one ended up crawling on to mom's temple bag and how she freaked out and it was so funny to see her reaction to the caterpillars.  The other thing was the Brother at the records office knew I was going to Spain and then proceeded to ask if I knew Portuguese and I said that I didn't of course know Portuguese and then he said "that's OK because you'll when you get there."  I responded with a shy yes of course, while thinking " that is not the language they speak in Spain."


What a great day spent in the temple with my parents.  I grew closer to my mother as we meditated quietly together while waiting for instruction.  I also grew a love for the spirit that is there in all the parts of the temple.  



No comments:

Post a Comment