Monday, October 28, 2013

10/28/2013

Jessica Ward jessica.ward@myldsmail.net
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif10/28/13
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
This week in the middle of transfers my companion Changed. Hna Pazuengo left and Hna Arana came in her place. I have been told by almost everybody that she is only assigned to those that have great potential. She is a Sister Training leader, Here in the islands to shorten it we (mostly the Elders) call her the jefa (Boss).  She is wonderful. I love her so much she arrived her on Wednesday along with Hna Bennett the new Companion of Hna Wallace.   

Wed Hna Witt and Hna Pauengo left and we went to a cita (appointment) of Hna Wallace´s and It was good and productive. and then we meet Hna Arana and Hna Bennett. They are wonderful and they are exactly what we need here in the islands. Each day I am learning so much more of what my role is of what a missionary really is. Today I was listening to a talk from Jeffrey R Holland that he gave in the MTC. And He was talking about the mission experience should touch their heart and cause them to change that it would never have a returned missionary fall away. I think that if I continue to develop into the perfect missionary that sits in my mind. I will be that missionary that Elder Holland is Talking about. 

This week we had a miracle. We have an investigator named Silvia that Has a little Girl and had a boyfriend that she had been living with. We sent her a text on Saturday reminding her about church in the morning, not thinking much of it. But she come to church and sat with Evelyn a member that is also her friend. Then Hna Arana talked to her and she told her that she kicked her boyfriend out and that she is ready to live the ley de castidad (law of Chasity) and that she is I think prepared to be baptized!!!!

I love Hna Arana . I love her boldness, and I learned that her boldness is because of the charity she has for the members and the people in our branch. I have already in 3 days learned so much more about missionary work and about her life and how it gives her the strength that she needs. . 
 


As I was reading in the Book of Mormon with the plan of the mission and, I love reading about the Anti-Nephi-Lehi´s and the strength and the trust they have in the Lord. And then I have been learning a lot from the war chapters about wearing the armor of God we will be protected from the adversary. 

Everyday 
Inline image 2I know that Christmas is a little far off, but I just wanted to challenge you all something that one of my teachers in the MTC asked his family and friends to do. So I would like to give you some time to do this for me. If you Find an opportunity to serve those around you and serve them with your whole heart and if you would send me an email or a hand written letter of what happened and what you learned from this experience in your life. I Will write each of you a hand written letter in reply if you truly take this opportunity to really serve. 

I am so grateful for you support and for you love and your prayers for me. 

Until next Monday,

Con Amor, 
Hermana Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment