Saturday, August 3, 2013

MTC Letter #1

On Friday we received Jessica's first letter of her mission.  I am excited to hear more about her experiences in the MTC.  She didn't include any pictures in this email but I hope she will in the next.  I am sure glad she wrote.  It just seems that it was such a long time from the time we put her on the plane in Baltimore until we actually heard that she made it safely to Provo.  Here's here Email        Received August 2, 2013


This is Jessica Ward and My P Day is on Fridays so my email will arrive on Fridays.  So stories about my day. 

The first Day was so long but so worth it.  I love it here.  I arrived first of all in my district. in our zone it started with 7 hermanas now there are two, me and my companion.  Hermana Vaziri and Hermana Hassett were in our district but they got their visas to go to the Espana mtc.  The devotionals are so awesome.  I love all the people I have met so far. I met My friend from middle school her little brother is in my district. Elder Laub and Sister Laub.  It's so cool. 

I am so glad to receive your letters and dear elders. It makes me feel loved I have received the most out of my district.  My district is so awesome and I love the elders that we have and my companion.  She is so awesome her name is Hermana Mangleson. She is from CA and attended BYUI and is 19.  most of the elders in my district are 18 and one is 21. Hermana is the Sister Training Leader and the senior companion.  Elder Keele from Utah is our District leader.  It's so cool to be here and growing closer to the Lord every day.

Sunday was awesome we went to church and for the talks everyone prepares one and then when the bishop announces the program he tells who's going to speak.  We didn't have to prepare one for last week or this one because its fast Sunday, but we will for the next one.  Our Sunday Devotional was from Brother and Sister Lant. Sister Lant Used to be the general primary president. She talked about how when you teach the gospel to a family teach it to the children and how the investigators will learn so much from that.  Hermana Mangleson and I participated in the Choir we sang How Great Thou art.  It was so beautiful, we sang it for the Tuesday Devotional.  The Tuesday devotional was from Elder Richards an emeritus member of the 70 and it was so good and he talked about the importance of being prepared for this sacred calling and privilege.  We also saw a devotional that Elder Bednar gave at Christmas in 2011 about the characteristic about Christ it was so Fantastic.  I love our Branch Presidency. 

I saw Elder Clark, Sister Outzen, Sister Laub, and I am hoping to see Sister Cotton.  No one new came in our zone this week but next week we are supposed to get more elders in our zone.  Thank you for your support.  I don't know what else I need or want to say. 

Thank you for all of your letters Mom, Emily, Dad, Willy Austin, and Lydia that I found in my suitcases and Lydia thank you for the Posts card you sent. Email me questions.  I left you letter and that you sent me in my room and I will hopefully  remember and answer them next week.  I have pictures to but I forgot to bring my cord and that's in my room  I'll remember for next week hopefully.  Please continue to send dear Elders, I love to get them it makes me feel loved.

The Spanish is coming pretty fast for only being here a week and a half.  I love you all so such.  I hope this reaches who it needs to reach.

I know this is exactly what I am supposed to be doing at this exact moment in my life

Con Amor,

Hermana Ward

P.s I Also have taught an investigator  Hector 4 times and on Tuesday we will have two investigators.
 we start teaching early and we taught only in Spanish.  It taught me a lot. 

I thought this was important to tell you all.

Con amor,


Hermana Ward  

No comments:

Post a Comment