Monday, September 9, 2013

Sept 9 2013

I just received this email from Jessy.  She sounds so good  and busy.  Enjoy 
Sept 09 2013

Hola Everybody
Its been a long week. I´ll go in some sort of order today in my email. 

On last Monday we started our flight across the world.  There were 7 of us that were going to Barcelona; Hermana Mangelson, Hermana Jarman, Elder Seegmiller, Elder Butters, and Elder Merkley.  It super cool I had the opportunity to call my family in the Airport in New York were we had a 6 hour Layover.  We continued to fly to Barcelona which was a 9 hour flight and arrived in Barcelona Airport at 1100 am on Tuesday morning.  The office Elders pick the 7 of us up and we meet at the capilla in Barcelona.  Where we meet the other 32 new missionaries from the Spain CCM and we again saw Hermana Hassett and Hermana Vazziri.  It was so great. We received a little training, and toured and food and then recieved our temporary companion and went and proselyted. Super fun. The following 2 days we did fingerprinting and got things ready for our residency in Spain and continued proselyting with our temporary companion. on Thursday we received our assignments of our first area.  Mine in is Palma Mallorca in the Lavente branch. Palma is a island in the chain of islands that are in the Barcelona Mission.  I am so excited to be here.  

My Companion is Hermana Pazuengo a Native spanish speaker that doesn´t know very much English. It´s super fun because I have to learn the spanish fast.  I learned a gospel conversation I can understand at any speed but when the conversation is about anything else its quite hard.  I love my Companion So much she is from Mexico and I will be her last companion she leaves in the end of November.  We found a game that is super fun that helps me with my Spanish pronunciation and her´s in English.  Have you ever heard of scripture baseball or of scripture golf.  If not look it up.,  Any way our slight variation is that she has the English BOM and I have the Spanish BOM.  

I love it here in Palma. Its been fantastic.  
I have seen many miracles ( milagros) and the following is one of many 

This week the miracle that I saw was while street contacting in the park yesterday, we found some one that accepted the Book of Mormon. While we were at the park we reached the end of the park and then turned around I was inspired to talk to this couple on the bench I approached them and the gentleman noticed my American accent and his English was better then his Spanish, so I spoke to him in English and Hermana Pazuengo spoke to the lady in Spanish, We talked to them for about 20 minutes.  She took the Book of Mormon in Spanish. It was so neat to see the way the spirit works and to give someone an opportunity to change their life with the Book of Mormon on our efforts.  We received her contact information, and shewill only be in the area for three weeks, so we have to work fast. 

While studying this week I realized while reading 1 Nephi that when he wanted something from the Lord or taught he did it with all energy of heart and that is how I have got to do this Mission thing With all my energy of Heart.  

I love you all and miss you.  

Attached are some pictures

lies next week I´ll Have some I need to buy a converter for my MicroSD card

CON AMOR,
Hermana Ward 

No comments:

Post a Comment