Monday, September 30, 2013

Sept 30 2013

Sept 30 2013

This was a Great week full of ups and downs.  Where to start....

On last Monday we had a water fight in the fountains with Hermana Wallace, Witt, Elder Larsen, Arrirán and a member Carlita.  Super Fun. 

We visited some great people. We meet with this man named Carlos it was an investigator the elders were giving us and so we met juntos(together) and then we were in the cita (appointment) for like 2.5 hours. forever then meet with him 2 other times this week for about the same amount of time.  He has a lot of questions and he doesn't believe that Christ accomplished the atonement for us, but everything else he believes. He is crazy but after we get him to understand Christ, then he will be golden.  But we gave him back to the Elders. the elders also gave us Adela who is Romanian who know Chek, Spanish and wants to learn English. Super cool so we are teaching her English and giving her lessons. She has three copies of the Book of Mormon, in 3 different of languages.   Then we Have Vicente and Guzman who are also super golden. And we found Leonardo this week and he is super  golden tambien (also).  There is more about him later  in the letter.  

We also had zone conference which was super fantastic. the spirit was so strong and learned how to be a better missionary.  I love everything about my zone the Bareles islands.  More about that in my excerpt from the letter to President.  

As I have been reading the scriptures I realized that there are many things that talks about the isles of the sea I never really cared or took interest in it before but now i love to see the promises that are given to me and the people I am teaching our here on my beautiful Island of Mallorca.  

I love you all and  miss you all here is a excerpt from my letter to President Pace.  

´´I was so grateful for the opportunity to attend Zone conference this weekend, and the ability to feel the spirit so strong.  It was exactly what I needed.  I learned about the importance of obedience.  I really had understood obedience previously and have all ways wanted to be 100% obedient. I was working on that for the first 6 weeks of being here and being the only one getting up at 730 and the only one studying at 900 and the only one in bed at 1130.  Hermana Pazuengo all ways told me of what a great example of obedience I was and that she was grateful that I am her companion.  But after the conference her attitude about obedience changed we now all are getting up at 730 and exercising, and getting to study fully ready for the day, and leaving promptly and getting to bed on time (most of us any way). Thank you for that topic in Zone Conference. Thank You.  Because of our obedience we saw many miracles on Sunday. We had 2 investigators at church with us, Vicente, and Guzman, they both loved it. Then after correlation we had a cita and then we called and then he didn't answer but then he called us back and we were already in the park so we waited for him. We explained to him about the Book of Mormon. We then ended with a prayer and I prayed sincerely and simply and prayed that the Lord would bless him in his work and with his family, I then closed the prayer. As we opened our eyes we saw that he had tears in his eyes. The spirit touched his heart, I´m not sure what it testified of but he was touched and he told us that he would read the Book of Mormon starting with the Introduction and then start 1 Nephi.  I´m so glad we found him contacting in the park. 
My companion understands her purpose as a missionary and I admire that so much. I also admire her patience with my broken Spanish as I try to speak Spanish with her on the street."

No comments:

Post a Comment