Sunday, September 8, 2013

Jessy's address in Spain

 We received a short email from Jessica this week, which I will include in this post.   On Tuesday we were curious if Jessy made it to Barcelona.  We decided to look at the mission web site to see if they had posted pictures of their newest missionaries.  It was exciting to see on the front page the pictures of the 43 missionaries that arrived to the Barcelona mission on Tuesday.  There was Jessica in the midst of them. Here are the pictures from the web site
All the new sisters and the president wife.
 She's in the second row
Poking her head around the sister in the brown dress

We think this is the group that came together on one plane

I love the sea in the background.
Jessy is toward the left in a blue shirt

Lunch for all the new missionaries.
Jessy is the one with watermelon in her hand!
Wow She just looks great!  She is excited to go forth and do the work.  I can't imagine what it is like to get 43 missionaries at one transfer so I imagine that this is the reason we haven't heard from the mission president, but no worries. 
  I am sure that she would love to hear from anyone who would like to write her.  The best way to write is threw email because it's free.  Her email address is jessica.ward@myldsmail.net .
  Please understand that she has one hour to use the computer each week so she may not be able to respond to each individual email however please come back to this blog site to see her weekly updated letter.  
There is also another way to contact her through snail mail.  This address will be good throughout her mission.  It's the address of the mission office.  They prefer that the mail goes through the office because the missionaries are more likely to receive it.  Please do not send packages because of the problems with customs the mission home has to pay extra costs when it is received.   For stamps and cost please go to the post office.  For what little research I have done it costs $1.10 for a post card.  

Sister Jessica Ward
Spain Barcelona Mission
Calle Calatrava N' 10-12, 1'
Barcelona
08017   Barcelona 
Spain

Here is Jessica's Email                                                      Sept 6th 2013

I am in the Palma Island as my first Area in my mission with a native as my companion. I am so happy to be here.  The humidity is about the same as DC.  I love it here in Spain. I am told that I have excellent Spanish. Hey let every one know my situation here.  Monday is my usual pday so I will reply then. I love missionary work.  read Alma 13:21  
I love you all so much.

Hey send me letters at the mission home address.  mom has the address for letters and packages, its just more reliable then sending it to my apartment, I´ll get letters about once a month and they probably wont get lost in the mail you´ll get more info on Monday on my pday.  ¡¡¡Hasta luego!!.  
con amor
Hermana Ward

We are so glad to have a missionary serving.  She would be so grateful to hear from all!

No comments:

Post a Comment